Tuesday, September 8, 2015

DAY 8 GOING WITH THE FLOW

    Going With the Flow |Pastel | 4x6

Flowing water never ceases to fascinate me.  We arrived at a perfect campground-virtually deserted but for the camp hos. Finding an ideal site right on the river bank, we took our chairs to the water and had a beer whiIe I  dangled my feet in the cold water. Walking downstream in the last light of day we watched the water flow fast and frothy. The colors were amazing!

Process: Using black Art Spectrum paper involves a bit of negative space painting. And one's pastels read lighter than they do on mid- to light-toned paper. I sketched in mostly lights and used a spritz of alcohol to fix it.  I felt like I was in the flowing water as I endeavored to captured the rhythm of the flowing water.

No comments:

Post a Comment