Saturday, September 5, 2015

DAY 6 TRUE GRIT!

    The Three Sisters | Pastel | 5x7


We spent a lovely day and a half around the Mt Bachlor area of central Oregon, trying to catch a glimpse of the Three Sisters mountains. Finally, a large treeless meadow and no obscuring clouds came together to give us just a few moments to capture an image of these fine peaks.

Process: I used a new paper today that I bought at the IAPS Convention (International Association of Pastel Societies) this June. Called Pastel Artist Panels, they are made by Multimedia Artboards. The color I got is a rose and the grit is 320. I think the 500 grit would have been better for this study as, in such a small size, I fought the heavy grit throughout the painting.  So far, I am preferring the underpainting technique over the use of colored paper as the result is more brilliant and fighting the grit not as much as problem. Nonetheless, it's always good to try everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment