Sunday, September 13, 2015

DAY 11 THE CLOSE-IN WILD


The Main Drain | Pastel | 4x6

There are several circuits I walk around my home for the sake of keeping the legs going. This canal/ditch always makes me pause to look at it from various angles as I love it's linear quality set against our horizontal landscape that is the Delta.  Formerly an irrigation canal when the area was full of agricultural fields, it is now used for drainage.  I love this bit of wild amongst our urban setting.


Process: Wallis white pastel paper is made with an aluminum oxide surface for a special superfine grit. I painted the underpainting using soft pastels (rather than the harder NuPastels), smudged in some area to cover the white paper showing thru and spritzed it all with ISO.  

No comments:

Post a Comment