Wednesday, January 25, 2017

WHERE GOATS ROAM


      Where Goats Roam |  Pastel | 12x9

We thought we were alone, climbing on the rocks, through the arches.  We noticed two goats amble around the arch into our view. After a while of eyeing each other, his companion sauntered away while this fella continue to stare at us, totally unaware of how regal he looked set against this awesome backdrop of pastel arches!

Painting Notes: Using pastels to paint pastel rocks lends a perfect medium of expression to this scene. UArt 600 paper was the best choice for me as I wanted to have a smooth surface on which to create this scene. I'm painting this during the January 2017 Strada Easel 31 Paintings in 31 Days. These challenges (my 7th 30/30 challenge) have afforded me many benefits.  Daily painting creates good habits but also allows me to comb my 'Potential Paintings' photo file and try small versions to determine which would be best for larger renderings. Best of all, I'm finding at the end of each, I can see my progress in my painting and drawing skills! And, being the anal-ytical type that I am, it allows me to more easily reach my goal for the past three years of over a hundred paintings made a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment