Sunday, August 14, 2016

RUBY MOUNTAINS


      Lions Creek Camp | Pastel | 6x8
The Ruby Mountains of NE Nevada are an alpine oasis surrounded by dry high desert.  Two glaciers vee'd together right at this scene. The Ruby Dome is the rounded peak on the right. This was the view from our campsite in the early morning looking over the creek, the tops of the aspen and on up the canyon to the magnificent granite peaks!

Painting Notes:  Trying to squeeze paintings into a journey of many miles is always a challenge. I had just enough time in the morning to draw the scene and lay in my underpainting on my Uart paper. Two days elapsed until we arrived at camp early enough to fit some painting time in. A sketch made in my journal gave me the color points with which to work 

No comments:

Post a Comment