Monday, November 9, 2015

TRYING SOMETHING NEW!


    

Saturday at Capitola's inaugural Plein Air and I'm out of the shoot painting my first ever street scene! Two point perspective is all I can muster. I must have mentally measured my right vanishing point a thousand times! I so envy artists who were born with what I call 'Perfect Perspective'. It is like 'perfect pitch' in singers. The 'rest' of us have to labor with the concept and application of it! Sigh...

Painting notes:  My two new best friends, Wallis Warm Belgian Mist paper and a square format! Pushing, stretching - this is what excitement is to an artist! I can see areas I could strengthen but then again, sometimes leaving the painting just as it was when you took down your easel is the best teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment