Saturday, October 10, 2015

DAY 25 THE COCKTAIL HOUR, BIRD-STYLE


    I'll Take Mine On The Rocks. | Pastel | 12x9

A painting scene started in the late afternoon quickly morphed into flocks of pelicans and cormorants vieing for room on the rocky cliffs, seemingly waiting for evening activities to begin.  Day 2 of The Lost Coast PLEIN Air in Shelter Cove and we were again blessed with perfect painting weather and temperatures!  The scene on the cliffs began to remind me of a bar filling up with the after-work crowd - all anxious for the cocktail hour to begin!

Painting notes: Back using my truly favorite substrate - Wallis Belgian Mist!  I keep trying to find a substitute as getting it has been spotty at best these last few years, but nothing I've found is as perfect a surface!  I had to paint under a large umbrella (Wondershade) which I was able to stake in the ground. Very close ( but safe) to the cliff's edge, I had another painter worry about me stepping sideways off the cliff. Sweet but hardly necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment