Thursday, December 21, 2017

THE TOWER BRIDGE



                                                                       The Tower Bridge  | Pastel  |  9x12

I’m a loyal Locavore when it comes to my fruits and vegetables and my daily walks so why not with my plein air painting scenes?  West Sacramento has the best views of Sacramento and the river.  I called my painting buddy who was equally enthusiastic and off we went to spend a few hours capturing the view of our iconic Tower Bridge from the West Sac side. 

Painting Notes:  Structures always take longer to paint than landscapes but this one was worth spending time on. The gold color of the bridge is really more of a shiny ochre. Getting the red, orange and green trees to dance with their colors was the fun part!
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment