Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A LAKE IN THE ADIRONDACKS


Sacandaga Lake, Adirondacks | Pastel | 8x6

As we head from Boston to Buffalo/
Niagara Falls, we decide to take a quick jaunt north to drive thru the southern part of the Adirondacks. It's gorgeous here but were mindful that their winters have to be tough. 120" of snowfall average were told. We find a campground in Sacandaga Lake called Moffitt Beach where Collin's quick tour of the campground reveals this lovely view of an island in the lake. After a brief hour of painting, he brings over wine and we sit and watch the sun go down over the Adirondacks

Painting Notes: Quick strokes to finish this up leave me still wanting to add a few more. Later perhaps. Two ducks visit me while I'm painting so I quickly sketch them in. I kind of like that I didn't overwork this but do want to correct the light marks in the front rocks as they are from sunlight reflecting on the wet rock and I didn't make that clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment