Saturday, June 25, 2016

THE CREEK RUNS THROUGH IT


                              The Creek  | Pastel | 6x8

Once again, the water beckoned. I scouted out a site to stand and paint along the creek. An hour and a half of looking, painting, talking with a few visitors and sharing the spot with one of my favorite artists made for a delightful time. The creek runs right by the freeway but seems miles apart from the urban scene except for the sound of the cars going by. Still, the creek babbled along and I noticed after a short time that I was selectively hearing the water noise rather than the traffic one.

Painting Notes: Day 3 of our 4 days to paint in the Los Gatos Plein Air and we were asked to paint around downtown to advertise for the Saturday event. Los Gatos Creek runs through the town and is heavily used by joggers, dog walkers and strollers.  I didn't finish the painting on site as a time deadline loomed; in fact, when I left there, the painting was totally dark - no whites, no highlights. That was the most fun part - those last few moments creating this by literally icing the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment